Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Limestone Skull Table

Today we're pulling up another skull table to our Skull Cafe with a visit from Samuel Sutherland of Sanata Barbara, Ca. Samuel writes, "The 'skull table' is sculpted by me out of conchuela limestone, which comes from the Yucatan, and is composed of tons and tons of fossilised sea shells and coral. The black spots on the corner skulls are all level for a sheet of glass to be placed on them. The stone sculpture took me more than three weeks of solid work to complete."





I'd like to reserve this table for my visit to the Skull Cafe. Simply put, this is amazing. The detail and design are phenomenal and it's just that much cooler having the fossils in it. Awesome work, Samuel! Thanks for offering a table that perfectly fits into our space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to Santa Barbara soon...
Where is this cafe?

Whimzkulls said...

I was going to say, put a piece of glass on top and ohhhhh maybe a light smoky tinted glass....

I have the perfect spot in my home for that!!!!! LOL

Phil said...

I have a question about durability of the material. Does anyone know what sort of abuse this stuff will take? Thinking about possibility to use it as a counter-top for a kitchen or bathroom.