Friday, February 4, 2011

[Flashback Friday] #9 Stencil Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Azurafae, and myself, Tatman, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

17. #9 Stencil Skull



I am a huge fan of the #9 skull stencil for obvious reasons. If it weren't for the generosity of the Skull Master then I might not have ever been able to branch out to create Tatman Glass. This simple stencil has been used in so many different ways that it has to be one of my all time favorites of the original 365.25. I don't have time enough to post every instance that it has been used and posted on our site, but I'd guess the number would be in the hundreds. That's a true statement to popular longevity.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

1 comment:

Noah said...

I'd have to say my favorite use of that stencil was by the USMC Skulz in Iraq.